Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Droopy Bird

This sketch of a bird came fairly quickly, with big droopy eyes, a short beak, and square head, I felt this sketch had enough character to press forward.
The above grid is the template I used to create a simple but compelling composition. I usually try place objects close to where two lines intersect.

I placed a window in the top left corner to allow the viewer to see outside the window. It's a way to inform the viewer there is more going on outside their visible area. In the bottom right corner, I placed a wooden perch where the bird will sit and fill the bottom half of the composition.

The triangle shows the flow through the composition, as I try lead the eye around the illustration.
 Here's the final Illustration.

On the final illustration, I added a bird chirping in the window and a some noise(grainy texture) to the background to help push the droopy bird forward from the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment